July 31st 2016
Latest news for TeachersPayTeachers followers
It’s a bonus sale day!
For all those UK students who are studying The Awakening by Kate Chopin, here is the resource you need.
Want to appreciate Chopin’s The Awakening?
This detailed study guide will aid your understanding of the author’s portrayal of a young mother and wife who realizes she wants more from her life.
– An annotated list of characters;
– Detailed analysis of genre, settings, themes, etc.;
– In-depth questions to guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the novel;
– Post-reading critical analysis;
– Glossary of relevant literary terms and activity sheets;
– Guidance on using the study guide questions to stimulate group discussion and presentations;
– Three graphic organizers for students to make notes;
– Suggestions for further reading and a bibliography.
A Study Guide on William Shakespeare’s inspiring Henry V. Check it out here.
But if you would like a more detailed analysis of this great play then Ray has produced a book in his Text and Critical Introduction Series which will give you all the help you need. If you want to experience, understand and enjoy one of the great works of world literature, then here is the book to help you.
It is in the final stages of proof reading and will be available in a few days…
The Wasteland, Prufrock and Poems by T.S. Eliot: A Study Guide
This poetry is some of the best written in the twentieth century.
The Guide covers every poem included in Eliot’s first three books (including those written in French) and provides material to support your reading.
– A short introduction to Eliot’s poetry;
– For each poem, vocabulary and notes which explain allusions and obscurities;
– Each poem has a commentary followed by questions which guide you to a deeper understanding;
– A glossary of relevant literary terms;
– Suggestions for ways to use the questions as a basis for discussion in the classroom or in reading groups.
This book is in the final proofing stage and should be available soon.
A great new text on Oedipus Rex in Ray’s Text and Critical Introduction Series.
This book gives you a modern easy to understand translation of the Greek, together with notes, commentary and a study guide to help you understand this classic play.
Ray has also been busy adding to his Study Guides with new titles
ME and EARL and the Dying GIRL by Jesse Andrews
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. A great book if you want to look at the women’s role in Afghani society.
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. This will give you fascinating insights into men in Afghanistan.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The brilliantly inspirational but disturbing biography of Louis Zamperini. Get to grips with the themes and ideas in this study guide.
You will be pleased to know that Ray has split his Two Study Guide book on The Myth of Sisyphus and The Stranger by Albert Camus so that students can have the option of selecting a guide on either text. These revised and updated Study Guides will enable the reader to delve deeper into the underlying themes but without the helpful insights that the more detailed commentary offers in Ray’s Critical Introduction book on The Stranger. However, readers should be aware that the two texts are part of a trilogy written by Camus and one book enhances the reading of the other.
Finally, coming soon…. A Study Guide on The Awakening by Kate Chopin. Keep checking Ray’s website for more details!